Thursday 24 March 2011

Among the sheeps - a walk at Pilane Burial gounds

I move this posts over from an old blog. To celebrate it is spring here. Once it is started it gets quick. Soon it is summer.



At the ancient meadows - at a burial ground 1500 years old - world art is exhibited. Visited by thousands of people and some "native" sheeps. Bring your own coffee, some sandwiches and take a walk and enjoy something amazing. It will at least take you half a day. Walk with me and enjoy some pictures. First some facts though.

"There is a large number of stone formations still visible at Pilane burial ground at Tjörn in the county of Bohuslän, including fifteen majestic judgement circles with raised stones within a circle of round stones. These stone formations have been dated to the middle Iron Age, 0-600 A.D. [Source Riksantikvarieämbetet]





Weeping girls



And laughing boys.







The kids enjoyed interacting with art.



And so did  I :-)



Looking up I found this.



And down...







From this point there is a grandiose viewover the coastline. Impossible to take a picture of. It is too majestic and too overwhelming

Same motive as last year. Just less water, a totally different light and another perspective and context


There will be more pictures from this years exhibition. But not today - I have a special idea for those.

2009
Here comes some of my favourites from last year.
 
 

The great sphinx, my absolute fav. I miss that big white landmark. It was like a lighthouse in the countryside


The man of letters - shining bright in the sunshine. Hollow and shallow but still a man.

I hope you get an idea why you should visit Pilane burialgrounds at Tjörn summer 2010.


Note! I only have the copyright of the pictures - not the Art itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment