Wednesday 5 October 2011

Distant workplace and another tragedy

08:30
This is extreme I know but I am working in my car at the motorway. Some where about 10 km away there is a truck on fire. Pew! Lots of business phone calls and some Powerpoints. Broadband modem is working once again - I'll send some mails soon.

It took me 3.5 hours to go to my office this morning. usually it takes no more than one hour. I arrived 11:30 and left for a business lunch at 12:30 - 14:30. I managed to work for about 2 of these hours on the motorway with my laptop squeezed between myself and the steering. When I just needed to roll a few meters the laptop stayed in that position - when I needed to roll a few hundred meters I put it aside.


At work I could catch up with what happened. One truck driver is dead - he died in the flames. He drove a car full with chemicals but they are not sure about what kind yet. The fires was so huge and so hot that the concrete was put on fire. The motorway will be closed at least until tomorrow. It will be a long drive home tonight for  me

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/bohuslan/1.740432-tankbilsforaren-avliden

Now I supposed to work the few remaining hours. Perhaps not the most efficient day in my life but I am pretty content any way. Today I have been in touch with all friends that are really important to me - it means more to me than a full day at work. And I had a really great lunch.

My thoughts are now about the family to the dead truck driver. God bless you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment