Tuesday 25 October 2011

Are you sapiosexual?


Are you easily turned on by other peoples intelligence? Do you get sexually attracted by smart men or women? You might be sapiosexual. Put your spectacles on and read now...

I learnt that word at Facebook this week and I saw that many more had the same intuitive interpretation as me  - but was it the right one? Today I looked that word up at Google and found a blog - Sapiosexual
"I want an incisive, inquisitive, insightful, irreverent mind. I want someone for whom philosophical discussion is foreplay. I want someone who sometimes makes me goouch due to their wit and evil sense of humor. I want someone that I can reach out and touch randomly. I want someone I can cuddle with.
So now I wonder - aren´t we all sapisoexual? Who will not print her/his name under that quote?

Then I found the translation at Urban dictionary - a treasure regarding none-academical English, slang and of course sexual words (almost every thing you look up at Urban dictionary also have a sexual meaning.....strange)

It said:
The attraction to the same or opposite sex based on the attraction of wisdom.

Liking any person, with out being sexually discriminative, because of their wisdom, smarts, and your shared learnings.

I decided to look for more information. I found a closed Facebookpage but I also found a collection of quotes:
Sapiosexual is a recently constructed word (neologism) that has come into common usage, particularly on social networking sites where people are self-identifying as sapiosexual. It is a concatenation of the latin root sapio- from sapiens meaning wise or intelligent (itself derived from sapere which means to taste, or rather, to discern) and the latin root -sexualis as it pertains to sexual preferences.
This is a rabbit....nothing else....

There are a few definitions to be found online, all with slight variations. Wikipedia currently redirects queries for sapiosexual to pansexual.

More quotes from that collection:
"I am sapiosexual. I think geeks and nerds are sexy--I often want to rub my XXXX against their minds." -Kayar Silkenvoice
"I am a sapiosexual. I admit to being attracted to a cute face, or a sexy body, or a winning smile. But those things simply catch my eye. For someone to keep my attention requires the ability to uphold their side of a conversation." --luvnkisses
"Sapiosexuality is the idea that sapience is the single-most important determining factor in one’s sexual preferences. So one is first most attracted to someone who appears to be thoughtful, rational and grounded." --Iain

A rabbit from this view....

Wikipedia defines Sapiosexual as pansexual  and here I think we comes to the "core of the poodle" as we say in Sweden.
Pansexuality (also referred to as omnisexuality or polysexuality)  refers to the potential for sexual attractions, sexual desire, romantic love, or emotional attraction, towards people of all gender identities and biological sexes. Self-identified pansexuals may refer to themselves as gender-blind—that gender and sex are insignificant or irrelevant in determining whether they will be sexually attracted to others. The Oxford English Dictionary writes that pansexuality "encompasses all kinds of sexuality; not limited or inhibited in sexual choice with regards to gender or activity."
Gender seems not relevant at all to a true sapiosexual..A kind of bisexuality?


No from his view I mean...
Anyhow  I like that word - sapiosexual - and I will use it defining my own preferences for the future. If that includes all ages and both sexes I will not tell you dear reader but I will now end with a true story. about what I then called the intellectual flirt - perhaps it was sapiosexuality.
I once was at Lofoten (Norway) painting watercolour for a week in September. The very last night we went to the local pub having some wine. It was raining and half storm. Raincoats and wellingtons was put into a big chest at the entrance just as natural as you would leave your umbrella. We girls sat down at a table. I had problem to reach my seat since the guy at the table behind me was too close. He let me in and smiled.

After a few minutes he knocked my shoulder and asked a question. I answered politely and returned to my friends. After about ten minutes he was back. I was a bit annoyed by then since we were in the middle of a conversation and he was not the kind of guy you look twice at. I answered his question and returned to my wine. And so it went on and on annoying me more and more....until I could see the beauty in the both hemispheres between his ears.

At the end of that night I was sitting at his table discussing everything on this earth and he was damn smart man. If that was sapiosexuality....I do not care. It was fun and I liked the fact that I could see this man¨s beauty and sexy soul behind the mask


Photos are form this summer´s exhibition at Pilane Burial grounds.
Judge Persson in the Judgemental Circle - a walk at Pilane buri al grounds 2011
Among the sheeps - a walk at Pilane Burial grounds, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment