Saturday 4 December 2010

I am addicted - but not by elks, deers and hares


I have realized this long ago - I am addicted regarding training, exercise and salsa and meeting people making me feel good. All activities creating feeling-good-hormones like endorphins and dopamins. Now when we got snow my body was woken up after three months of hibernation caused by a chain of subsequent viruses and other kinds of misery. But today I am feeling great again. And I want mooooooooore...training....and mooooore people.

I presume it is because of the snow, the sun, the exercise, new phases in my project and that demi-private project too of course.And the forecast that I might get rid of all ceramic tiles swimming all over the living room today. They are soon to be mounted on the walls in "new" bathroom.

I started up ski season last night with a tracking round on the adjusting meadow. With coal miners lamp I fought my way in 30 cm powder snow and -12 degrees. Luckily the animals had created their own tracks already. Last year they stole mine. GRRRR! What about footprints by elk, rain deer or a deep frozen showers of shit from a hare in your beautiful tracks? (The latter surely destroy the surface of your skis when it is minus degrees). Or what about three big animals - elk or deer - sleeping on the path? No we never meet I only was stuck in the dark in the middle of a downhill slope. There was no snow left over - only grass. The heath of their bodies had melted all away.

So dear Santa Claus- give me a gun for Christmas!

Yesterdays round was tough since my cardiovascular system seems to be plugged. And I couldn´t ski for real - just walk around because of the quality and depth of the snow. It was very tiring for my hamstrings, back and belly - but but these muscles need it. This morning it was much easier but then I ran on already prepared tracks. Going downhill to the house in the sunshine I felt happiness for the first time for many many months. It has been a really tough autumn.

The after some hot glögg I drove the youngest one to a farm a few kilometre away. The horses were much happier today than in the snowstorm last weekend. Now the ceramic tiles are waiting for me...

Our previous lawn mover 
I am so happy I have been smart enough to stay away from all kinds of synthetic drugs - I would probably be addicted from the very first moment. Have never even tried a cigarette. This is all I can handle...salsa, skiing, gym and life in general
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment